The SLP assignment for this course will entail becoming familiar with Healthy People initiative. To the end, you will be asked to view a series of videos presenting the key components of Healthy People 2020, illustrating how these are being implemented, noting data sources available to monitor progress toward achievement of Healthy People goals objectives, and recommending strategies for incorporating Healthy People into the work we do as health educators.
View the first of these videos. After watching the video, address the following questions:
- What is Healthy People 2020?
- Where can one go to obtain information on this initiative? [Hint: The video mentions the relevant web site.]
- What are the “Leading Health Indicators?” Where can information on these be found?
- Identify three of these that are of greatest interest to you.
- Choose the onethat concerns you most.
- What are the goals and objectives associated with this indicator?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: 2-3 pages
Your work will be evaluated based on the grading rubric criteria. Review it before you begin working on the assignment.